Recognize birthdays in your Discord community!
Birthday Bot is a simple, single-purpose bot. It will set a role on your users for the duration of their birthdays and, if desired, can announce a message in a channel of your choosing. Server owners can further specify a default time zone, with individual users also setting their own to ensure everyone’s birthdays are recognized precisely on time.
This bot requires a small amount of initial set-up before it’s ready for use. To quickly get started, ensure that you:
- Create a dedicated birthday role to be used only by the bot. Ensure the new role is placed beneath the bot’s own role.
- Do not use an existing role! This bot assumes exclusive control over it. Users that have the role but are not having a birthday will be removed from it!
- Instruct the bot to use the role:
bb.config role (role name)At this point, you may also wish to do the following optional steps:
- Set the birthday announcement channel:
bb.config channel (channel)
- Set a default time zone:
bb.config zone (time zone)
- Use the command
bb.help-tzdatafor information on how to specify time zones.
- Use the command
- Customize the announcement message: See
bb.help-messagefor more information.
Support the bot
Birthday Bot is and shall remain free. I have no plans to hide new or existing features behind pay-only, premium features. This is an independent hobby project and all costs associated with it come out of my pocket.
This bot has had a far greater response than I’ve ever expected, and at this point I find it difficult to pay for the server it runs on as its resource needs grow. I would greatly appreciate if you consider pitching in a little bit to cover my recurring costs by checking out my Ko-fi page: https://ko-fi.com/noithecat.
For further information, please visit the support server or the website linked above.